Monthly Irrigation Care
- Inspect your irrigation system to check for leaks, clogged emitters and other problems.
- Turn on the system at least thirty minutes before the inspection to allow enough time for emitter wetting patterns to show.
- Walk through the yard, checking the pipe/poly tubing for leaks and checking each water distribution end point (emitters or micro tubing) to see if it is functioning properly.
- Replace or repair damaged or clogged emitters and micro tubing.
- Check the location of water distribution end points. Emitters and micro tubing can be moved as a result of yard maintenance activity (i.e., raking) and pet activity (i.e., digging). Return stray emitters and micro tubing to their proper positions.
- Check the schedule on your irrigation controller. Sometimes power failures and other factors will cause the controller to return to a default schedule. Reset the controller if necessary. If the weather has changed, reprogram the controller to accommodate changing plant water needs.