Inspect the System
- Before backfilling, turn on the irrigation system and inspect it for leaks.
- Also check to see if each emitter is operating properly.
- Make any necessary repairs, then run the system again as a final check.
- Prior to backfilling, remove rocks and other debris from the surrounding soil. These might damage the pipe/poly tubing.
- Backfill the trench half-way, lightly tamping the soil with your foot. Then fill it with water to settle the soil.
- Backfill the remainder of the soil. Then water again.