If you have the good fortune of developing a plan that falls below your budget, consider the following options:
- Spend the surplus on upgraded irrigation system components.
- Spend the surplus on upgraded hardscape materials.
- Add a feature you did not include in the preliminary plan because you thought it would be too expensive.
- Set aside the surplus amount for future additions or modifications to your landscape.
If your ultimate landscape design has exceeded your budget, consider these options:
- Scale back the original plan by excluding one or more features you can live without.
- Reduce the cost by purchasing smaller trees.
- Purchase fewer services and do more of the work yourself.
- Retain your complete plan and install it in phases.