AMWUA Press Room
JOIN OUR TEAM: Administrative Assistant Needed
AMWUA is seeking an individual to work part-time as an Administrative Assistant. The selected candidate will be an integral part of the organization and will assist the association’s staff. This person will provide high quality service to board members, member staffs, other professionals in the water community, and the public.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, self-directed, detail-oriented, have excellent writing and communication skills, and work well both independently and in a team. He or she will be able to identify tasks that need to be undertaken, prioritize, and stay focused and ahead of things in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
The individual selected will work part-time, three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Printing agenda packets and distributing to staff
- Revising and printing name tents for Board members
- Staffing Board meetings and drafting/finalizing Board meeting minutes
- Scanning documents and saving into electronic format
- Adding or updating contact information in company database
- Emailing AMWUA members for updated web site content
- Proofing a wide variety of documents
- Organizing materials for various events
- Assisting with packing materials for workshops and seminars
- Providing administrative and project management support to staff
- Tracking requests for conservation brochures
- Placing inventory tags on new office items and documenting information
- Greeting and assisting visitors
- Fielding telephone calls; responding to requests for assistance and information; and calendaring
- Opening and distributing mail
- Setting up conference rooms prior to meetings
- Coordinating webinars and conference calls
- Preparing and assembling documents and other materials for meetings; providing staff support
- Organizing conference rooms after meetings
- Assisting with other research, projects, and tasks as assigned
Education and Requirements
- BA and experience in office administrative support service preferred
- Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Professional and Photoshop; strong internet research skills
- Outstanding customer service abilities and professionalism
- Excellent writing and grammar skills and communications abilities, both written and verbal, are imperative
- Ability to take personal initiative, to be self-directed, to think ahead, to work both independently and as a team member, and to collaborate and coordinate with others
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks, to define and set priorities and problem solve, as well as exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with office equipment and electronic mail protocol
This list of essential responsibilities and requirements is not intended to be exhaustive. AMWUA reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Up to $15.00/hour (Depending on qualifications)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than March 22, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AMWUA is a non-profit corporation established in 1969 with offices located in Phoenix Arizona. AMWUA works on behalf of its members—the cities of Avondale, Chandler, Glendale, Goodyear, Mesa, Peoria, Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe and the town of Gilbert. AMWUA’s mission is to protect its members’ ability to provide assured, safe and sustainable water supplies to their communities, and to advocate responsible water stewardship that supports economic prosperity and safeguards Arizona’s water supplies for future generations.
Leave a Comment