AMWUA Press Room
JOIN OUR TEAM: Office Manager / Executive Assistant
AMWUA is comprised of ten municipal members in Maricopa County who provide water to over 3.7 million people and to the businesses that drive Arizona’s economy. AMWUA facilitates discussion among our members and collaborates on policy and solutions for water challenges.
AMWUA is looking for a passionate and high-performing professional to join our team in the role of Office Manager / Executive Assistant.
The Office Manager ensures the efficiency of daily operations within the AMWUA office by planning and implementing office systems and overseeing equipment and supply procurement. The position also provides high-level executive assistance to the AMWUA Executive Director and the AMWUA Board members, and regularly communicates with the Board members’ staff. The Office Manager works closely with AMWUA’s financial contractor on the financial needs of the Association and assists with the annual budget process. Major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare payroll information through the Paychex Flex online payroll service, including year-end preparations, Vendor 1099s, and Group Term Life (GTL) insurance information.
- Review and approve monthly invoices with the financial contractor and input invoices in Bill.com software. Schedule signing of financial documents with the Executive Director and an AMWUA Officer.
- Review banking and credit card transactions and communicate with banking institution as needed.
- Prepare and distribute the monthly packets for the Board of Directors and Management Board meetings.
- Prepare the minutes for the monthly Board meetings.
- Correspond with AMWUA’s medical insurance broker throughout the year and during the Open Enrollment period.
- Assist the AMWUA staff with medical/life insurance benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) reports, retirement plans, conference registrations, travel and meeting arrangements, and other tasks.
- Maintain employee personnel files while ensuring strict confidentiality.
- Prepare items for AMWUA’s annual financial audit and assist the financial contractor with the annual audit.
- Prepare and file the Association’s annual reports.
- Prepare and distribute Water and Wastewater annual dues assessments to the AMWUA members, track incoming payments, and deposit checks.
- Communicate with the building’s property management on issues relating to the AMWUA office.
- Work with the IT contractor on computer issues that arise and any necessary updates to the AMWUA computer system.
- Assist with AMWUA’s outreach efforts, special projects, and workshops.
- Work with catering companies to plan for meetings and special events.
- Update contact information in the AMWUA database and Constant Contact platform.
- Handle incoming office phone calls, incoming mail, and distribution of mail to staff.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Candidates must possess five years or more of high-level office experience and/or executive-level knowledge of a specific administrative or technical nature. A bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources management, accounting, or experience with financial systems is preferred.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess exceptional writing and verbal skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Provide input on hiring/disciplinary actions, work objectives/effectiveness, and performance evaluations.
- Possess decision-making abilities appropriate to the work environment of the Association.
- Be responsible for billing, collection, and/or accounting of funds.
- Prepare business letters/e-mails and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech.
- Be proficient with technical software such as MS Office, Bill.com, and Quickbooks.
- Possess knowledge of Human Resources, particularly various laws and regulations.
- Have the ability to manage special projects, identify cost savings and minimize disruption to the Association.
- Receive limited direction and perform duties according to his or her own judgment, requesting supervisory assistance when necessary.
- Have the skill to find common sense and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Have the initiative to “dig in” and absorb and utilize the details involved with various issues.
- Be a critical thinker able to make well-reasoned and logical judgments.
- Be organized, detail-oriented, and naturally curious about exploring new ideas and challenges.
- Be committed to excellence, integrity, and collaboration.
- Be a team player willing to assist co-workers in a small office atmosphere.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $85,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
AMWUA offers a comprehensive and attractive benefits package that includes:
- 5 Weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement through the Arizona State Retirement System
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible work environment with a hybrid schedule
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume with your application to Diana Pina at email@example.com by May 19, 2023. The first review of application materials will be on May 22, 2023. The position remains open until filled.
Download a copy of the full job description HERE.