When pre-shopping for contractor services, ask for a written estimate that specifically identifies costs for all materials and labor and includes a time frame for completion. Remember, less is not necessarily best. While pre-shopping, consider product quality and durability, guarantees, warranties, product availability and customer service. Here's how to get started:
- What jobs have you done recently? May I visit them?
- May I have a list of references?
- Do you have professional certification or training?
- What kind of training do your employees have?
- Who will be supervising the work?
- Will you provide a written cost estimate?
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you licensed, bonded, insured?
- Do you guarantee your work?